[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: report from CSUN

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:40:24 -0800 (PST)

Oh, dear. I was standing in fron of Starbucks from 11
to about 11:20 or 11:30. I saw two young men with
canes, and since you had a cane instead of a dog, I
asked both of them if they were Scott, and they said
no. Then I saw a group of people sitting  near the
door, and one looked possibly Indian, which I thought
perhaps Pratik was, and so I walked over. He was
wearing a name tag, and so I it was, indeed, him.
Carrie was sitting there, too. It was she who told me
that you had the stomach flu and that she told you it
would be best if you didn't come down. There must be
more than one Scott, and she must have had the wrong
one in mind. Unfortunately, I haven't been paying
attention to last names here on the list.

I am sorry I missed you. I didn't see anyone else
standing by, or even any individual, except one
sighted woman, sitting in the area. Where exactly were
you situated?

Everyone else was so busy that it was just Pratik and
Carrie and I who had lunch. The lunch was good but the
service was *terrible!* Apparently because there was
such a large crowd, though you'd think a hotel like
that could manage it.

Did you join the others for the 5:30 meeting? How was
it? And dinner? And was there a square dance as they
reported last year? I would have liked to have seen
that. Did Noah win again?

Cindy