[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT question about AT&T Natural voices, TextAloud and Windows 7.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 07:04:46 -0500

Hi Judy!

The answer to your question is a resounding yes. I use TextAloud with AT&T
Mike and Crystal, as well as two other non-AT&T voices on both a laptop and
netbook running Windows 7. Prior to purchasing Windows 7, I contacted
Nextup.com and asked whether I would be able to use TextAloud with Windows 7
and a 64 bit machine. They told me I could. I had no problem installing the
program and voices. Just make sure that you go to the website and download
the latest TextAloud version which I believe ends in the number 22. Of
course, you'll have to enter your license code to activate. You can simply
reinstall your AT&T voices after that.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions, feel free to write to me off
list.

For your information, I installed TextAloud prior to downloading any voices
because I thought the order might be important for TextAloud to recognize
them. *smile*

Blessings.

Lynnsky