[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: help with text to speech software

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:52:43 -0500

Hi, Judy. I'm sure you've already gotten several replies to this question. For what it's worth, I use Text Aloud for reading long books and news articles. It costs around $35. I think your Dragon program already has a sapi voice. If not, you can purchase one from the company that makes Text Aloud. They provide a free 15-day demo that is fully functioning. You can find it at http://www.nextup.com . It has hotkey support that works well with Dragon. I discovered this last year when I fractured my left hand. You can make Dragon use macros to run and manipulate Text Aloud. With a keypress or a spoken command, you can start and stop reading of your book, even if you're in another window doing something else. I love it!

Monica Willyard