[bksvol-discuss] OT: Marketing and publishing

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

That I don't know. You might need to get an agent  and
write up your experiences and  a book or pamphlet or
brochure (depending on how long description of your
technique would take) and try to arrange for
lectures--or, if you could get something written and
published, even if published by a vanity press (a
press that will publish your work but you pay them),
but next March and next summer, you could get a booth
at the conventions and demonstrate and sell the
publication.--Ooops--when is your baby due? The
convention idea might have to wait a few years.

I worked once for a teacher who had an excellent idea
for teaching essay writing. She compared it to a
hamburger-- the topic paragraph and conclusion being
the top and bottom buns, and the intermediate
pragraphs being like the filling -- the lettuce,
cheese, hamburger, etc. She wanted to write that up
and publish it and sell it to English teachersm
schools, etc., but I don't think she ever did.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com