[bksvol-discuss] OT Apprentice Alert, Cindy

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 01:32:34 -0500

Dear Cindy and anyone who indulges in OT reading,

When my computer crashed, which seems like long years ago! I lost all of the precious files I'd compiled including all of my validations in progress and addresses, poetry, quotes, humor, computer tips, Hobbit fics, downloaded books to read from Bookshare, Book recommendations and oh so much more. It seems my computer is working reliably at last, with a new hard drive - Dell does honor their 3 year warrantee. Everybody duck, as my spell check doesn't seem to be in place, but at LONG last I can answer e mail and take up validating.

Cindy, I just had to mention that The Apprentice starts tomorrow evening. I'm hoping you'll be watching...and just heard today that Martha and the Donald are on the outs and she's blaming him for her apprentice's low ratings and she says he has been saying mean things about her. Inquiring minds want to know!

I do admire Martha, but I think her tacky board room and offices that resemble a genetic engineering lab, and ugly contestants quarters and cheap rewards might have contributed to the poor show's downfall. Really, I'll miss it. I loved the tasks her teams were assigned.

Your fine reader sounds like a great tool, but I'm sorry for you that you have to store each page in its own file and then place them in a book one by one. It remains true in my experience that computers delight us one minute and frustrate us the next.

If you should catch this message, and have the time and inclination, I hope you'll contact me off list so we can supervise Donald and co. as they seek a new apprentice. All of the e mail addresses of my friends are gone. Since I had no way of telling them my computer was crashing they, no doubt thought I was being uncommunicative. So, uphill I go, trying to regroup and hoping to hear from you in the meantime.

Always With Love,

Lissi