[bksvol-discuss] New submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:49:07 -0600

Hi, all.

I just submitted The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg to step one. The
synopsis is below.

LAURA    BARTONE    ANTICIPATES    HER    ANNUAL family reunion in Minnesota
with a mixture of excitement and wariness. Yet this year's gathering will
prove to be much more trying than either she or her siblings imagined. As
soon as she arrives, Laura realizes that something is not right-her sister,
Caroline, the family's restless black sheep, is forever wrapped up in events
of long ago. When Caroline confronts Laura and their brother, Steve, with
devastating allegations about their mother, the three have a difficult time
reconciling their various experiences growing up in the same house. But a
sudden misfortune will lead them all to face the past, their own
culpability, and their common need for love and forgiveness.

Shannon

We are wise, not because we are women, but because we seek wisdom.