[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: <gvazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:49:54 GMT

>I may hit a few nerves here, but while you might be making some new year's
>resolutions, you might think about having one of them to be submitting the
>best scans you can possibly do.  I know this resolution won't have to be made
>by all volunteers, but let's face it.  The number of books submitted is more
>important to some folks than the quality.  I have been with BookShare for a
>few years now.  At first, this might have been my goal.  I am glad to say that
>has changed for me.  I mean this suggestion with the most sincerest
>intensions.  I just think we should slow down in our scanning.  Check those
>books before sending them.  Ok....let the snowballs fly.

Hi Jane,

I agree with you.  Its all but impossible to get perfect scans, but everyone
should do the best possible.  It not only makes it easier on the valadaters,
but in the end, it gives the consumer the best possible product.  I adore
bookshare and what it stands for.  I do not believe the submission rules should
be made too difficult as it would discourage submissions, but I do believe
people should take pride in their work.  Making certain its the best it can be
is one of the ways that can be done.
gisela