[bksvol-discuss] NY Times best seller

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:52:17 -0500

Thanks Rick for mentioning "Eats
Shoots, and Leaves" by Lynne Truss. After reading what you said about it, I had to download it and read it. It's a great book and should be a must read for validaters! It's short enough, and humorous enough, that it is hard to put down once you get started. I'll have to read it again in a few weeks in order to let some of the concepts sink in.

Dave

At 08:58 AM 12/29/2004, you wrote:
I don't currently have OCR software.  When I get that, I hope to do some
scanning.

A good source of finding out about books that could be scanned is the New
York Times Bestseller List.  That will, at least, tell what a lot of people
are reading.

Actually, I looked at it yesterday, and several of the books on it are
already part of the collection.  I didn't realize, for example, that Eats
Shoots, and Leaves by Lynne Truss is already part of the collection.  This
is a book about punctuation.  I love language and am looking forward to
going through that one.