[bksvol-discuss] More On Page Breaks

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:56:42 -0500

Hi. I asked about finding page breaks in text files about a week ago. I discovered a couple of things that might help someone else. In a text file, a page break is the ascii character 12, also known as a form feed character. So if your text editor supports it, you should be able to search for character 12 to see if the file does contain page breaks. Jaws won't tell you about it as you move from page to page, but you can apparently search for them and proofread things that way.