[bksvol-discuss] Lucifer's Hammer -- Recognition accuracy

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:29:08 -0600

 Kurzweil 1000 reports that the copy of Lucifer's Hammer, by Niven and
pournelle currently on Bookshare contains 99.75% of words in the Kurzweil
word dictionary.  However,  there are spurious blank lines at the bottom
of each page, and I may have stripped completely headers manually before
submitting the book,  because Kurzweil does not report any preliminary
pages.  With hindsight,  I should have done this differently according to
more recent stripping standards.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]