[bksvol-discuss] Re: How many characters for paragraph indentations?

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:38:23 -0500

Barbara,

I don't know of any reason why you can't put a tab at the beginning of the
paragraph if you want, but it's not necessary if there are blank lines
between the paragraphs.  If you want to indent them and prefer to put spaces
instead of tabs, then I'd say put something like 5 or 8, but I don't think
it really matters as long as you're consistent.

As far as I know, the Stripper ignores all white space in the file.  I've
never seen it cause problems to books which have a blank line between
paragraphs and no indentation, and nearly all of the books I've submitted
and validated have been that way.

Gerald