[bksvol-discuss] Holds on Books

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 02:11:36 -0500

I've talked to staff about this in the past, and here's what I was told is how holds are handled.

Staff do not ordinarily remove a "hold for" on any book that was placed on the book by the scanner, or that the scanner or proofreader asked the staff to put a hold on for a specific person. In some situations staff will remove that kind of hold if they are asked to remove the hold by the scanner, or if the person it's being held for asks for it to be removed, or some other circumstance occurs like the proofreader no longer participates as a volunteer and can no longer proofread the book.

Books that the staff return to the checkout queue because they need more proofreading also will have a hold on them for the proofreader that submitted the book for approval. If the proofreader does not check out and work on the book within 30 days, staff may at their discretion remove the hold from the book so that any other proofreader can work on it.

--
Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>