[bksvol-discuss] Re: Freedom Scientific announces Openbook 7.02 with some significant enhancements

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:51:25 -0600

My mistake Stephen,  thought K1K shipped with Scansoft 12.0.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

Stephen Baum <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/16/2004 09:03 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Freedom Scientific announces Openbook  7.02 with some
significant enhancements

Just a minor clarification. Kurzweil 1000 version 9 shipped (in August)
with ScanSoft OmniPage 12.5 as well as with FineReader 7.0.

Stephen

At 09:39 PM 12/15/2004, you wrote:

> [...]
>account type to print to it.
>TripleTalk PCI now works correctly with OpenBook.
>Canceling the process of saving a file to audio no longer causes OpenBook

>to occasionally fail.
>Improved navigation when performing book searches.
>Project Gutenberg results now display correctly when you perform a book
>search.
>Downloading books from Project Gutenberg or Baen Free Library using the
>book search feature no longer causes errors.
>Advanced book searches no longer cause errors if you enter a space for
the
>title and author.
>The book search feature no longer stops responding if you download a
book,
>cancel the download, and then search again.
>Bookshare.org now yields the appropriate search results during a book
search.
>OpenBook now correctly announces the book search results area as a list
box.
>Performing advanced book searches that use the "OR" operator no longer
>causes OpenBook to display books that contain a matching author and title

>twice.
>The Download button now becomes available after you cancel a book search.
>OpenBook can now open entire books if they are exceptionally long.
>The fax feature is now automatically disabled if no sending device (such
>as a modem) is installed on the computer.
>COM ports 1-4 are now available in the advanced fax settings.
>Faxed documents/images are now deleted correctly and are no longer
>included when you send subsequent faxes.
>Choosing the Add Document button while faxing a document no longer erases

>any current documents that have not been faxed and replaces them with the

>added document.
>You can now scan from Microsoft Word regardless of where you install
>OpenBook.
>The FineReader OCR engine no longer causes OpenBook to stop responding
>while scanning.
>FineReader no longer removes umlauts from text view and the dots above
>lowercase "i" from exact view.
>The scanning process no longer stops responding periodically on operating

>systems other than Windows XP.
>Page orientation detection now works correctly when you are using the
>OmniPage OCR engine.
>Check box selections in the Scanner Selection dialog box are now retained

>correctly.
>Corrected a message that asked the user to perform unnecessary steps if
>the user did not have a scanner configured for use with OpenBook.
>Added the correct labels to the Number of Copies edit spin box, OK
button,
>and Cancel button in the Photocopy dialog box.
>In the Photocopy dialog box, OpenBook now informs you whether the
>photocopy brightness setting is a positive or negative number.
>In the Photocopy dialog box, OpenBook announces whether the Fit to
Printed