[bksvol-discuss] Continuing Sheila Travis, Ordering Jane Duncan

  • From: "Ilene Sirocca" <ilenesia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:17:26 -0500

   Hi,

It's been awhile, but I am again working on the Sheila Travis series by Patricia Sprinkle; just three books to go and I'm part way through the first one.

I also want to talk about some books by Jane Duncan. I wonder if some of you are familiar with her semi-autobiographical series whose heroine is Janet Sandison. I read two of the books years ago. Now I have ordered the first five as listed on the web. They are:

My Friends the Miss Boyds
My Friend Muriel
My Friend Monica
My Friend Annie
My Friend Sandy

Some of the other books are available but some of those are quite expensive, so i thought I'd put the rest of the series list here and if anybody happens to have them or can get them from the library perhaps you would like to join me.

My Friend Martha's Aunt
My Friend Flora
My Friend Madame Zora
My Friend Rose
My Friend Cousin Emmie
My Friends the Mrs. Millers
My Friends from Cairnton
My Friend my Father
My Friends the MacLeans
My Friends the Hungry Generation
My Friend the Swallow
My Friend Sashie
My Friends the Misses Kindness
My Friends George and Tom

Then there is Letter from Reachfar which I gather tells which parts of the books are autobiographical; and there are books she wrote under the name of Janet Sandison,

Jean in the Morning
Jean at Noon
Jean in the Twilight
Jean Towards Another Day

There are children's books as well but I will not put them here.

There may be still some reasonably priced books available but, for now, this group of five is all I am getting, and I will wait to see if anybody else would enjoy getting into this series. I can only add that I really loved My Friend Annie, never forgot it--it's about Janet growing up in the Scottish Highlands and also some of her adult life--and hope you will enjoy it too.

Regards,

Ilene