[bksvol-discuss] Re: CSUN

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:33:32 -0600

Actually, my understanding is that the main thing that has kept Bookshare from going international is the nature of copyright laws in other countries. I don't think it's completely fair to say that Jim's visions often come to nothing. He has done a lot of work for the blind community, and I think it's obvious that he truly cares about getting as much information into alternative formats as possible. While Bookshare isn't perfect, I am continually thrilled by the wealth of information I now have at my fingertips that just wasn't available a few years ago. As someone who has a lot of visions for the things I'm involved in, I've learned that just because it may take time for a vision to become a reality doesn't mean it never will. Resources may not quite be in place yet, but I see no reason why they can't be.

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>