[bksvol-discuss] Books submitted and We are back

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 10:36:13 -0500

Hi everyone.

I am having some technical issues with the website, so didn't get to submit
all the books i did over vacation, a 10 hour one way, car ride does allow
you plenty of time to get books edited and done.

Smile.

but submitted.  All easy validations.

A Different Way of Seeing

Young adult book about a girl named Kyla who looses her vision, and how she
learned about alternative techniques, good information on blindness and
visual impairment included, book is part of a series entitled Youth with
Disabilities, will probably find the others in the series.

Another use For 101 Common Household Items

Great nonfiction book on how to recycle and reuse, or alternative uses for
common stuff laying around the house.

Ferrets
Goats
Skunks

All of these are Nature's Children series books, like the Cows and
Armadillos already on the site.

How Proudly They Wave the Flags of the Fifty States

Great book with excellent text descriptions of what each state flag looks
like.

Lionel Richie An Illustrated Biography

For my student who wanted books on pop stars, will be brailling this one.

New Kids on the Block

Different author from the one already in the collection, not to mention
much, much longer, again for the student who wanted books on pop stars.

The Book of Books
Yes you read that right, actually a great book, lots of great book
recommendations, smile.

The Car Sick Zebra and Other Animal Riddles

Another kids joke book.

and when I can submit them, smile, will try again later.

The Hidden Treasure of Glaston all edited.

Twenty Names in Pop Music

So those should be up there soon I hope.

We had a great time at home, on vacation, am happy to be back in MA, at my
computer, and back at my scanner and Guinevere is really happy to be home.

Soon as I get through the accumulated email, man there is a lot, will write
in and let you all know what we were up to in our adventures in PA.  And I
will be back at the scanner, with June B. Jones books, and a book called The
Complete idiots Guide to the World of Harry Potter to be scanned.

bye for now though.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx