[bksvol-discuss] Books for scanning from Bookshare

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 21:44:06 -0500

Some of you might remember that Madeleine used to send books out to us to scan. These were books that had been donated to Bookshare and for some reason would not be scanned in house. I was one person who requested and scanned a number of them. I stopped asking for them, though, because the list was reduced to books that I was not much interested in and I had come across a number of other books to keep me busy for a while. I intended to come back to that list at a later time, but time passed and I kind of forgot about them. It turns out, though, that I still have a link to that list in my bookmarks. I just looked at it and it has not been updated since July 2015 and there are still not much of interest to me, but a few might at least be tolerable to me and just might surprise me. There are other books that I thought I would not be interested in that turned out to be fascinating. Anyway, that list and the giveaways from that list were, as far as I know, a Madeleine project and Madeleine is no longer with us. I am wondering if the offer of these books is still open. If anyone wants to look at them here is the link to the list: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+for+Scanners

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.