[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Submitted: The World of the Otter

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 14:35:57 -0400

I hope I don't sound too picky, but ISBN's did exist in 1971. They were introduced in 1968. They were just not so ubiquitously accepted and used until the mid seventies, about 1974 to 1975. That means that it would not be unusual for a book published in 1971 to not have an ISBN, but they were being used at that time.

On 10/7/2012 1:54 PM, Shelley L. Rhodes wrote:
hello everyone,
A older book, but with good information and good insight regarding the topic. Does not have a ISBN, they did not have them when this book was published.
Anyway should be an easy proof for someone.
Title:   The World of the Otter (Living World Book)
Author(s):   Ed Park
Publisher:   J. B. LIPPINCOTT COMPANY
Copyright Date:   1971
Copyrighted By:   Ed Park
Brief Synopsis: Naturalist talks about the life style, life cycle, personality and eating habits of the river Otter. Long Synopsis: Ever wondered how those otters on the river bank are so playful, what do they eat, where do they live, how do they survive the winter? In this book by naturalist Ed OPark, who has studied Otters for years, you will find the answers to these questions and get to know the clowns of the river
bank more closely.
Comments: Needs some page numbers inserted at bottoms of pages, captions need to be put in []s, and beyond that should be an easy proof. blank pages are photographs, captions are fairly descriptive. I have read through this book. I DO NOT have the book any longer, nor do I have images. If you have any questions, please contact me at: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Adult content:   No
Language:   English US
Book Quality:   EXCELLENT
Categories:   Science, Outdoors and Nature, Nonfiction, Animals
B4E Significant:   No
SFWA Challenged:   No
list end
Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.
The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. -Isak Dinesen (pen name of Karen Blixen), author (1885-1962)