[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank pages

  • From: "Stacey Robinson" <staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 17:05:17 -0500

Kim,
Thanks for the tip.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kim Friedman
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 9:05 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank pages

      Hi, Stacey, I don't know what type of screen reader you have, but I can
tell you what to do if Jaws is your screen reader as it's my main one. When I
got this keyboard and plugged it in, the first thing was hit the Insert key
with the one key on the numbers row (you can tell it's the right key if there
is a key to the left of it and a gap before the escape key. Basically I hit
each key and Jaws told me what was there until I knew what I had. (It was lucky
for me I took this particular approach because my keyboard is made in Canada
and the backslash key is right between my slash key and the shift key [a quite
different location from my keyboard that stopped working].) Anyhow, fortunately
for me the location for the left and right brackets didn't move. If your
keyboard is like mine, you'll find the left bracket to the right of your P key
and the right bracket is next to your left bracket key. If these keys are put
in upper case (using the shift key), then you get a left or right brace
respectively. Hope this helps. Another thing I'll pass on to you which somebody
told me:instead of writing left bracket blank page period right bracket, why
not write instead left bracket this page contains no text period right bracket.
Reason for this is because the page may have an illustration you may not know
about, so to be strictly accurate, the page will have something on it but no
text. Regards, Kim. P.S.: Happy proofreading. K.