[bksvol-discuss] A Confederate General in Big Sur

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 19:11:00 -0500

Hi all.  I submitted A Confederate General from Big Sur by Richard
Brautigan, and have just received a notice that it was rejected because of
poor quality.  If someone from this list validated it, can you please
contact me with details?  As I noted in the comments field when I submitted
it, Brautigan used a lot of proper names and made-up words such as
"drunkied" that influence the rank spelling.  According to K1000 it gets a
97.99% ranking with no restrictions, and a 99.77% ranking when it ignores
capitalized words.

As usual, I'm willing to do whatever to make this an acceptable book, but
I've gone through it pretty thoroughly and I don't understand how it can be
called poor quality.

Donna