[AR] Team Prometheus balloon launch

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:36:32 -0700

 We had a successful mission to 101,000ft and a full fly back to launch
from balloon drop. We tied the world RC speed record at 498 MPH. Here
are some photos. We are now redesigning the aircraft for rocket launch
having done the hard part of ground control and tracking as well as
autonomous flight and recovery. Live video and all that stuff nobody
seems to want to do.
 The only problem we have left to solve is the GPS above mach 1. I hope
we can crack this using some of the new GPS modules that have been made
with open software.

 Monroe