[AR] OT: (But sort of on topic) One facet of HotCat evaluated

  • From: James Bowery <jabowery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:44:36 -0500

An expert in rocket plume heat measurement has apparently approved one of
the 3 most controversial aspects of the Rossi "HotCat" evaluation recently
published
<http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/LuganoReportSubmit.pdf>.
The temperature output was at peak 1400C.  While this temperature is not
going to achieve the Isp's of even chemical, let alone nuclear, rockets, it
is significant that the specific energy of the purported fuel is far above
conventional chemical sources.

If these systems really do require only conventionally available materials,
it is plausible that this could evolve into a rocket technology, accessible
to amateurs, with near nuclear performance.