RE: ARCserve and Exchange 2000

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:04:06 +0100

NachrichtHi All

I recently downloaded both Arcserve and Backup Exec. evaluation copies. I was
not impressed with Arcserve. Backup Exec 9 has a couple, maybe more, things
over Arcserve in terms of functionality.Firstly it can read other manufacturers
backups (namely Arcserve) and thus restore from them. Don't think Arcserve does
the reverse. Also the single mailbox agent maintains Single Instance Storage
with Backup exec. Also Backup Exec. is much easier to use. I must admit I think
Arcserve is a nightmare.

Bye for now.

Paul.