RE: ARCServe and Exchange 2000.

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:13:28 -0400

We have been using Arcserve since it first existed.   Recently (last week) we
upgraded to version 9 and I have to say it was the smoothest upgrade from them
ever.   CA's tech support is the worst I have ever had to deal with, so it was
nice that I didn't need to rely on them.

Within 5 minutes the upgrade was done, my backup job needed no modifications,
and all of our existing agents (2k) worked just fine.   There is no need to
upgrade the agents unless you wish to take advantage of special functions they
may offer.

On a side note, Arcserve 9 no longer supports backing up OS/2 machines, even if
you have an agent.   Stick with Arcserve 2k if you require this ability.