[procps] newlib stat interface

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Procps-ng Mail list <procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:15:53 -0500

Hi Craig,

I'm still fiddling with the new /proc/stat implementation and believe I can see a light at tunnel's end.

Beyond the standard 'new', 'ref' and 'unref' functions, the current API has eight separate accessor functions along with two different 'read' type functions which are sometimes also required.

I think I'll be able to reduce the accessor functions to three, and no 'read' functions at all. But I haven't been able to devote as much time to it as I'd like. Plus it's slower going than I thought. So I need maybe another week before you can tell me my new approach is total crap.

In the meantime, attached are some other changes I'd like to see pushed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jim