SoBig.E Virus Attachment Problem

  • From: Lloyd Williams <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:48:24 -0400

 Ever since last Friday when our Mail Server was flooded with SoBig.E
viruses I have had the following problem.

The server will run fine for 24 hours then will no longer process
attachments. The users get a message "cannot open attachments. I then reboot
and everything is fine again for about a day.

I have Exchange 5.5 with SP4 Running on a Windows 2000 SP3 member server.

We are running E-trust version 7 as our Antivirus Solution.

Has any one seen a similar problem?

The server has a lot of free disk space (25 gigs or so) so I don't think
that's the problem.