Removing Second Exchange E2K Server

  • From: "Gopi Krishna N" <Gopi.Krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:34:08 +0530

Hi All,
          I'm using Exchange 2000 with SP3 on Win2K. I've total 3
Exchange 2K servers in my LAN (don't have Front End/Back End setup). All
are under one single organization. I want to remove 2nd Exchange server.
I've rehomed all the public folders and replicated the offline address
book.

When I just shutdown the 2nd server, users gets a popup window in
outlook saying " Requesting data from "2nd exchange server" . When I
bring this server back everything works fine. All the mailboxes were
moved to 3rd exchange server from 2nd server.

How to remove the 2nd Exchange server from my LAN ??? Please help.

Thanks
Gopi