IMAP help desperately SOS MAYDAY!!

  • From: "Jim Origel" <jim.origel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:12:10 +0200

Hi guys, been at it a while.  Does nyone know of a cheap and elegant
solution to configure Outlook 2000 clients so that I can use them as
IMAP clients instead?  And alos get all the features of the full blown
Outlook client but only be able to download Message Headers, Contacts,
and Calendar items?  It is a temporary solution and I was hoping to find
a cheap 3rd party shareware or freeware IMAP client that can integrate
with Outlook as a snapin.  My issue is that we are moving our primary
mail domain to point to our Exchange server but have one site that is
outside of the VPN and currently only has POP3 mail with a local
provider.  Until they are brought into the VPN we need to have them
access our Exchange site and I will create the accoutns but the only
option is to give them IMAP and not POP3 access.  Let me know if you
have any ideas.  Thank You and regards Jim