Exchange 5.5 restore mailbox

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:47:06 -0400

Hello all,

   while following the directions in KB article 146920 -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;146920
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;146920>  - I notice
that it states that I should Create a new site.  Shouldnt this be done off
of the production network?  I did the following to try and restore a
mailbox, but the services are not starting up:

1. built server and added to the network.  Applied all patches
2. restored stores to a directory on the new server
3. took the new server off of the wire and installed Exchange 5.5 in the new
site (same site name as production environment)
4. moved the exchange stores into correct folders (then was going to run
ISINTEG - PATCH)

My problem is that the Directory service will not start.  What am I missing?
Should this server be put back on the wire?  If so, will it not interfere
with the production Exchange Site environment that is named the same?

Thanks for your help

Chris