RE: Configuring Ms. Exchange server to receiving and sending email

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:37:51 -0500

Hi Muk,

If you are hosting your own SMTP services, you're going to have to work
out a store and forward arrangement with your ISP and configure the
Exchange Server to "ask" the ISP's SMTP server to send the messages when
it connects. If you're ISP doesn't provide these services, then you need
a dedicated link, as dial up links aren't recommended for hosting your
own mail services.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder