[access-uk] Re: LG to release android flip phone, could be great for the VI Market!

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:28:53 +0100

Hi,

Oh I see. How long is a piece of string? There is a deal of documentation
out there about both operating systems now, especially since
http://www.inclusiveandroid.com has got more updated. The best thing is to
research them, try them in stores if you can, then decide on what you want.

Android is now getting closer and closer to iOS with accessibility. Here's
a real-life story. I was trying to book a delivery slot on
http://www.iceland.co.uk. You should try it some time. My PC wouldn't let
me with NVDA, JAWS or Window-Eyes. My iPhone wouldn't let me because
Voiceover wouldn't let me tick the radio buttons. If I turned off VO I
could do it, but that is not acceptable. But Chrome for Android let me do
it quite simply. I double tapped the radio button for the time I wanted,
and presto! It was selected.

What I am saying here, is everyone will tell you iPhone is undoubtedly the
most accessible OS out there, but it is less and less clear cut every day.
It is now a lifestyle, rather than an accessibility, choice.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close

From: Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 10 August 2015 8:30 am
for the VI Market!

Hi,

For note taking and Braille in particular, I'd say iPhone at the moment,
simply because Android doesn't let you type in Grade two. it does output
Grade two, but you have to type in ASCII Braille.

All the best

Steve

From: Chris <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, 9 August 2015 7:59 pm
for the VI Market!

Well I'm going to get the 5s but that's just me.

On 09/08/2015 19:30, Barry Hill wrote:
That's muddied the waters somewhat. I am thinking of changing my
iPhone
4s
for a more modern iPhone, maybe the 5s, then I read about the new
Blackberry
coming out in November, and now there's this new LG flip phone that
sounds
pretty cool for the price. Decisions, decisions.

Cheers

Barry